What's Your Business Personality?
The answers to these questions will help you and I define the personality of your family business. Don't worry, I'll make it fun.
How to Get Started
Using a pen or pencil and some paper, write down these questions, and write down your answers. I know, it'd be faster to type them, and even faster if I just gave you a form to fill out.
We're not looking for 'faster' here. We're looking for deep introspective thinking. And writing, with your hand, is the best way to engage your the parts of your brain necessary (your limbic system and prefrontal cortex, in case you're interested.)
- What do you do?
- Who do you do it for?
- Why does it matter to you?
- Why should it matter to other people?
- Which of the words on this list do you believe apply to your business personality?
- Indicate the top 3.
- If your business could have a famous spokesperson, who would you choose?
- What would you like to be known for among your clients?
- among your peers and/or competition?
- Do you think that's what you are currently known for?
- Approximately how many customers or clients do you have?
- How long is your relationship with a client? It is transactional, ongoing?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- How do you make your clients feel?
- How are you different?
- Why do clients trust you?
- What's your story?
- What brands do you admire?
- What's your biggest business challenge?
- On a scale of 0-10 how much do you like your work?
- On a scale of 0-10 how much do you like your clients?