The first year my blog over at Someday Box was live, I posted whenever I felt like it, when something special was going on. When I realized the work I do with Someday Box was our future, I started posting daily.
Except last week.
I’ve been kicking myself for only posting 4 times in 9 or 10 days. Kicking oneself is counter-productive. I cannot move forward while looking backward.
… more … “Rigidity and Balance and Forward Momentum”
Join me as we tour blogs with guest posts, a summary of the book, a video interview, and an internet radio show through the month of August promoting my newest book, “You Don’t Want a Job“. Each post is unique, and I’ll be responding to every single comment on every single blog.
Here are all the stops, newest on top:
- Late entry: September 15 — Marcos Gaser’s No More Boss for Me. Marcos has made a very nice life for himself doing precisely what he wants. His respect for me is one of the greatest gifts an author can receive.
- August 17 — Tom Berarducci’s What Not to Do in Business: What To Do While You’re Not Doing What Not To Do. I stopped beating around the bush and said what I meant with this one.
- August 16th — Tom Bentley’s Write Word: The Rhythm Method (Or, Why Self-Employment is Better Than, Um, Chocolate) — Tom inspires me to lunacy. I like it.
- John O’Leary’s Business Lessons from Rock — My guest post, Dick Dale Rages, Music Goes Indie, and Why You Don’t Want a Job, talks about the lessons entrepreneurs can learn from what indie musicians have been doing for a decade.
- August 10th — Caitlyn James’ Imagining Better: I titled it In a Financial Utopia There Are No Jobs but Caitlyn gave it her own title: Guest Joel is Wrong. You should weigh in on the brouhaha. You should.
- August 9th — At the blog of author James Ashman: Bread and Circuses: Toto, We’re Not in the 30s Anymore
- August 7th — At Rex Williams’ blog, Why Aren’t You Fascinated Any More? Rex is fascinated by curiosity. He’s writing an entire book about it. This post connects curiosity with the choices we make.
- August 6th — Why the Entrepreneur’s Life Makes Psychological Sense at Shanna Mann’s Change Catalyst. It’s a pat on the back for those already converted.
- August 3rd — Chief Virtual Officer, You Don’t Want a Job and I’d Like to Tell You a Few Reasons Why
- August 2nd — Stephanie Chandler’s Business Info Guide: 3 Reasons a Job is Unsatisfying & 4 Ways You Can Avoid Them (If you can come up with a better title I’d love to hear it. This one’s descriptive, but a little unwieldy.)
- July 31, 2012 — Guest post at Mark McGuinness’ Lateral Action titled “4 Ways Self-Employment Is Less Risky than Getting a Job” There’s also an article about my Lateral Action column written by Marissa Brassfield at PayScale: Is Self-Employment Less Risky Than Getting a Job? Marissa gets the point that artists are ahead of others as far as how to do business in the new age. She says “Canfield’s final point is perhaps the most salient: self-employment places a greater value on your time and effort.” I say “Amen to that.”
- July 31, 2012 — Video Interview with Nathan Agin of Nonstop Awesomeness discussing “You Don’t Want a Job – and Here’s Why…”
- July 30, 2012 — Internet Radio Show interview with Brian K Wright at Success Profiles Radio. You can download the transcript as a PDF here: [download id=”1″].
- July 27, 2012 — Summary by Chris Taylor at Actionable Books
There’s over 15,000 words explaining and supporting my 12,000-word book. Go. Read. Comment. Support these fine folks. (And don’t forget to order your own copy, eh?)